Grill the burgers:
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat.
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees.
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness.
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
- 1 How long do you grill a 1/4 pound burger?
- 2 How long do you grill a burger per side?
- 3 How do I cook a 1/4 pound burger on the stove?
- 4 How long do you grill a thin burger?
- 5 How long should I cook a quarter pound burger?
- 6 Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
- 7 How long do you cook burgers on a propane grill?
- 8 How long does it take to grill a half pound burger?
- 9 How long do you grill burgers at 350?
- 10 How long do you cook burgers on charcoal grill?
- 11 What temperature should grill be at for burgers?
- 12 What is the secret to a juicy burger?
- 13 How do you grill thin hamburgers?
- 14 How do you know when to flip a burger?
- 15 How do you tell when a burger is done on the grill?
How long do you grill a 1/4 pound burger?
IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How long do you grill a burger per side?
Here’s exactly how long to grill your burgers
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
How do I cook a 1/4 pound burger on the stove?
How Long to Pan-Fry Burgers
- Medium-rare (warm, red center): 6 minutes, or 130 to 135°
- Medium (warm, pink center): 7 to 8 minutes, or 140 to 145°
- Medium-well (hot, slightly pink center): 9 minutes, or 150 to 155°
- Well done (brown all the way through): 10 minutes, or 160 to 165°
How long do you grill a thin burger?
Season both sides of patties with salt and pepper. Cook patties, pressing with a spatula, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, flip, and top with cheese. Cook 2 minutes.
How long should I cook a quarter pound burger?
Quarter Pound Burgers
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except oil. Mix well and shape into 4 uniform patties.
- In large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add patties; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on toasted whole grain rolls with your favourite condiments.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
How long do you cook burgers on a propane grill?
How Long to Grill Burgers
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How long does it take to grill a half pound burger?
Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How long do you grill burgers at 350?
How long do you grill burgers at 350? 5-6-7 Grilled Burger Method for Grilling Backyard Burgers: For Medium-Rare Hamburgers – 5 Minutes Each Side. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on one side and then flip. For Medium Hamburgers – 6 Minutes Each Side.
How long do you cook burgers on charcoal grill?
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to BBQ Classic Hamburgers on a Charcoal Grill
- For medium-rare burgers, grill for 2-3 minutes 135°F to 140°F.
- For medium burgers, grill for 3-4 minutes 145°F to 150°F.
- For well-done burgers, grill for 5-6 minutes 160°F to 165°F.
What temperature should grill be at for burgers?
How hot should the grill be for burgers? For burgers the optimal grilling temperature rule is – the hotter the better. Heat your grill to medium high heat (between 350-400°F).
What is the secret to a juicy burger?
Prep Tips for How To Make Juicy Burgers
- Don’t overwork the meat.
- Use cold hands.
- Be gentle.
- Make a thumb print.
- Turn up the heat.
- Don’t move the burgers around.
- Don’t push down on the burgers.
- Let the juicy burgers rest.
How do you grill thin hamburgers?
The key to cooking a thin, modestly sized burger on the grill is to use the highest heat possible, and to cook the meat most of the way through on one side before flipping it and briefly cooking the second side. This technique allows you to get a nice dark crust on that first side without the risk of overcooking.
How do you know when to flip a burger?
You’ll know to flip the patties when you see liquid pooling on the uncooked surface. Be careful not to char the meat or press down on the patties with a spatula while cooking, you’ll squeeze out all those flavorful juices. Flare-ups will happen.
How do you tell when a burger is done on the grill?
To see if your burger is ready, just plunge the thermometer into the center of the burger. We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare.