How Long to Grill Burgers
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
- 1 How long do you grill a burger per side?
- 2 How do you cook hamburgers on a gas grill?
- 3 How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
- 4 How do you tell if a burger is done?
- 5 Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
- 6 How long do you grill burgers at 350?
- 7 How long do you grill burgers at 400?
- 8 What temperature should burgers be cooked on the grill?
- 9 Is it better to grill with the lid open?
- 10 How do you tell if a burger is done without a thermometer?
- 11 How long do you grill burgers at 450?
- 12 How long grill burgers medium?
How long do you grill a burger per side?
Here’s exactly how long to grill your burgers
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
How do you cook hamburgers on a gas grill?
Grill burgers on the gas grill. Arrange the burgers (dimpled side down) on the screaming hot grate. Leave about 30 percent of the grill grate food-free, a “safety zone” where you can move burgers in case of flare-ups. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they’re seared.
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
Grill the burgers:
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat.
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees.
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness.
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
How do you tell if a burger is done?
The best way to tell if a burger is done is by using a thermometer. This is going to give you the most accurate assurance that your burger is cooked. You want the internal temperature to read no less than 155°F. Let the burgers rest for about 10 minutes and the internal temperature will rise to the 160°F mark.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
How long do you grill burgers at 350?
How long do you grill burgers at 350? 5-6-7 Grilled Burger Method for Grilling Backyard Burgers: For Medium-Rare Hamburgers – 5 Minutes Each Side. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on one side and then flip. For Medium Hamburgers – 6 Minutes Each Side.
How long do you grill burgers at 400?
Next, heat grill to medium high heat (about 350-400°F). Place burger patties on the hot grill and close lid. Sear for 2-3 minutes or until you see browning and grill marks. Gently flip the burgers and grill an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium-rare or 6-7 minutes for medium well.
What temperature should burgers be cooked on the grill?
Grill temp for burgers When grilling burgers, you want the grill temperature to be around medium-high to high heat, which is around 375 to 400 degrees F.
Is it better to grill with the lid open?
When you cook with the grill open, you’ll more effectively get a crispy, perfect-Maillard-reaction caramelization on the outside of the meat without overcooking the center. So, they can hold up to the heat chamber the lid creates, and in fact, the lid will help thicker cuts of meat or vegetables cook more evenly.
How do you tell if a burger is done without a thermometer?
Go in at an angle in the middle of the cut, wait for a second, and then touch the tester to your wrist. If it’s cold, the meat is raw. If it’s warm—close to your body temperature—then the meat is medium rare. If it’s hot, it’s well done.
How long do you grill burgers at 450?
Push down in the very center with your thumb to create a small dip. Step Three: Once your grill is pre-heated and clean, place your burger patties over direct heat (450/500 degrees F.) for 3 minutes a side for medium rare center.
How long grill burgers medium?
For medium burgers, cook the patty on one side for three minutes and the other side for five minutes. When you prefer your burger to be done medium-well, cook the patty on one side for three minutes and the other for six minutes.