IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
- 1 How long do I cook hamburger patties on the grill?
- 2 How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
- 3 Do you have to flip burgers on the grill?
- 4 What do you put on burger patties before grilling?
- 5 How long do you grill burgers on each side?
- 6 How do you cook hamburgers on a gas grill?
- 7 What temperature should grill be at for burgers?
- 8 What temperature do you cook hamburgers on a gas grill?
- 9 What is the secret to a juicy burger?
- 10 How do you tell if a burger is done?
- 11 When should you season burger patties?
- 12 How do you know when burgers are done without a thermometer?
- 13 Should you use foil when grilling hamburgers?
- 14 Should I season burgers before grilling?
- 15 Why do you put an ice cube on a burger when grilling?
How long do I cook hamburger patties on the grill?
How Long to Grill Burgers
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat.
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees.
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness.
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
Do you have to flip burgers on the grill?
We do recommend letting the patty cook for at least 3-4 minutes before giving it a first flip, to give the meat time to sear. Otherwise, the patty may start to fall apart. After that, however, you can flip it once and be done, or flip it as often as you like, trying to get both sides to cook and brown evenly.
What do you put on burger patties before grilling?
Hold the Salt! Salt will extract moisture from the meat, leaving you with dry burgers. Instead, sprinkle each burger with salt right before you put it on the grill.
How long do you grill burgers on each side?
Here’s exactly how long to grill your burgers
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
How do you cook hamburgers on a gas grill?
Grill burgers on the gas grill. Arrange the burgers (dimpled side down) on the screaming hot grate. Leave about 30 percent of the grill grate food-free, a “safety zone” where you can move burgers in case of flare-ups. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they’re seared.
What temperature should grill be at for burgers?
How hot should the grill be for burgers? For burgers the optimal grilling temperature rule is – the hotter the better. Heat your grill to medium high heat (between 350-400°F).
What temperature do you cook hamburgers on a gas grill?
Grill temp for burgers When grilling burgers, you want the grill temperature to be around medium-high to high heat, which is around 375 to 400 degrees F. Many gas grills have built in thermometers, but often they tend to be not super reliable.
What is the secret to a juicy burger?
Prep Tips for How To Make Juicy Burgers
- Don’t overwork the meat.
- Use cold hands.
- Be gentle.
- Make a thumb print.
- Turn up the heat.
- Don’t move the burgers around.
- Don’t push down on the burgers.
- Let the juicy burgers rest.
How do you tell if a burger is done?
The best way to tell if a burger is done is by using a thermometer. This is going to give you the most accurate assurance that your burger is cooked. You want the internal temperature to read no less than 155°F. Let the burgers rest for about 10 minutes and the internal temperature will rise to the 160°F mark.
When should you season burger patties?
The best time to salt your burger patties is as close to the actual cooking time as possible. Make sure your pan or grill is hot, then reach for your salt and season the outside of the patties right before you cook them.
How do you know when burgers are done without a thermometer?
Go in at an angle in the middle of the cut, wait for a second, and then touch the tester to your wrist. If it’s cold, the meat is raw. If it’s warm—close to your body temperature—then the meat is medium rare. If it’s hot, it’s well done.
Should you use foil when grilling hamburgers?
Nothing says summer like a grilled hamburger. Many recipes ask you to place the hamburger patties directly on the grill, which can reduce their juiciness and cause them to dry out. Using aluminum foil will help you retain the juice in your burger so each bite is as tasty as the first.
Should I season burgers before grilling?
Season one side of the patty with salt and pepper right before you place it on the grill, seasoned side down. Before you flip the burger, season the other side. That way, when the patty gets bigger, it’ll stay perfectly fat and flat, not dome-shaped.
Why do you put an ice cube on a burger when grilling?
The ice cube will prevent the burgers from overcooking and add a bit of extra moisture to the beef — something that’s especially helpful if you’re grilling rather large patties. What you’re gonna do is take a ball of ground beef, gently press a little ice cube in the center, and form the beef around it so it’s sealed.