Sear the burgers directly over the coals until brown and crispy on the bottom, about four to five minutes. You’ll know to flip the patties when you see liquid pooling on the uncooked surface.
- 1 How do you grill a 1/4 pound burger?
- 2 How long do burgers take to grill?
- 3 How long do you grill burgers on each side?
- 4 Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
- 5 How do you know when burgers are done on the grill?
- 6 How hot should the grill be for burgers?
- 7 How long do you grill burgers at 400?
- 8 Should I grill burgers with the lid open or closed?
How do you grill a 1/4 pound burger?
Grill the burgers:
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat.
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees.
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness.
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
How long do burgers take to grill?
How Long to Grill Burgers
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
How long do you grill burgers on each side?
Here’s exactly how long to grill your burgers
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
How do you know when burgers are done on the grill?
To see if your burger is ready, just plunge the thermometer into the center of the burger. We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare.
How hot should the grill be for burgers?
Grill temp for burgers When grilling burgers, you want the grill temperature to be around medium-high to high heat, which is around 375 to 400 degrees F.
How long do you grill burgers at 400?
Next, heat grill to medium high heat (about 350-400°F). Place burger patties on the hot grill and close lid. Sear for 2-3 minutes or until you see browning and grill marks. Gently flip the burgers and grill an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium-rare or 6-7 minutes for medium well.
Should I grill burgers with the lid open or closed?
When cooking burgers on a gas grill with the lid open it will take longer for the burgers to cook. You are losing heat when you open the lid, just like when you open your oven door. If you decide to leave the lid closed from the beginning it will allow heat to build which will make the burgers cook more quickly.